This year, The Elul Project celebrates Jewish diversity. We hope that by seeing our many, beautifully diverse Jewish families, we will enter the new year with renewed appreciation for the gifts we offer each other.
- 1.Tell us about a place that has meaning to you, something you love to do, or a memory that has meaning to your family.
- Tell your High Holyday story.
a. Share a story about someone you’re remembering.
b. What is special to you about the High Holydays?
c. What value has been passed down through the generations in your family?
How You Can Participate:Send a photo or a story, or stop by Rabbi Minkus’ office to record your story, or send us a voice memo.
Please send all submissions to email@example.com by Tuesday, Sept. 12.
What is Elul?
Elul is the name of the Hebrew month before the High Holydays. During the month of Elul, we get ready to launch our new Jewish year on the right foot:
The Elul Project is a collaboration between Congregation Rodfei Zedek and The Jewish Enrichment Center.
- We take a hard (yet compassionate) look at our actions from the previous year.
- We seek and offer forgiveness.
- We give tzedakah (charity, justice) to the places in our world that need our attention.