Educator – Project-Based Jewish Enrichment
Join an Education Team defining the future of Jewish children’s learning.
At the Jewish Enrichment Center, children are co-creators of Judaism. We’ve developed an explosively creative, empathetic, project process to bring children into dialogue with self, peers, and our ancient and ongoing Jewish conversation. The impact is a child who owns their Judaism, is able to think critically and creatively, with skills to collaborate and dialogue respectfully with peers. There’s no place quite like it in the country.
We seek full- and part-time educators to join our Education Team. Our Education Team is comprised of remarkable individuals who are intellectually curious, compassionate, dedicated to partnering with Jewish children in learning, and perpetually driven to advance their teaching and themselves. Educators are paid for weekly professional development and collaboration time.
In a Typical Day:
- In the mornings, we gather as a team for educator development or collaboration. Depending on the day, we’ll design emergent curriculum and materials; practice language that supports children as capable, curious learners; study Jewish texts; set up classroom environments to foster children’s connections with each other and Judaism; and more.
- In the afternoons, we teach! Apply your energy, insight, intellect, and creativity to partnering with children in Jewish exploration. Our project process is driven by children’s questions and ideas about Jewish text. The process lasts 8 – 10 weeks and culminates in a giant floor-to-ceiling public exhibition of children’s ideas about Torah.
- At the end of a session, we sing with parents, caregivers, and grandparents.
- Some days, we gather as a team again for post-session reflection.
- Experience working with children at a camp, synagogue school, or other formal or informal educational environment
- Significant understanding of Jewish cultural and religious practices
- Appreciation of diverse approaches to Judaism and Jewish life
- Ability to decode Hebrew, and memorize and use new Hebrew phrases
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be a flexible risk-taker
- Work well on a team
- Carry an innate commitment to high standards
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Full- and part-time positions available starting now and in mid-August 2023. Must be available Sunday mornings, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons.
- Paid educator development included as part of weekly schedule. Leadership responsibilities will increase with experience in our intensive educational approach.
- Positions begin with annualized salary of $42K, health care contribution, paid vacation time, paid personal and sick days, and SIMPLE IRA after one year of employment.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please fill out an Employee Application.