The children in שׁוֹרָשִׁים (Shorashim– ‘roots’ for nursery) and שְׁתִּילִים (Shteelim– ‘saplings’ for kindergarten) have been busting with interpretations about the characters from our theme, יוֹסֵף (Yosef)!
This week we offered an opportunity to share our interpretations of what characters were feeling, at pivotal moments of the text. The children chose the moments and the characters as well as the feelings. We used our bodies and our faces to show the feelings and some children shared words as well. The children were so expressive in multiple ways!
One of the moments that the children chose was from Genesis 37:3, where it says that יוֹסֵף (Yosef) receives a tunic with lots of colors from his father and his brothers hated him.
Here are some interpretations about reactions to the tunic:
Some interpretations about Yosef’s feelings about receiving the tunic:
- Surprised, יוֹסֵף (Yosef) didn’t know he would get a tunic.
- יוֹסֵף (Yosef) is happy because he getting the tunic and excited about how it feels.
- יוֹסֵף (Yosef) is excited to wear it!
- יוֹסֵף (Yosef) is excited about the colors.
some interpretations about the brothers feelings about יוֹסֵף (Yosef) receiving the tunic:
Some interpretations about the brothers feelings about יוֹסֵף (Yosef)Yosef receiving the tunic:
- They felt sad about the tunic because the father didn’t love them, he loved יוֹסֵף (Yosef).
- They are frustrated about not getting tunics.
- They are mad, they wanted a tunic too!
These photos and words are from our session on Tuesday. When these children came back on Thursday, they found their photos and words on our documentation wall. Then they immediately asked if we could add more! I can wait to see what interpretations we add next week!