We are busy here in the School-Day Program at the Jewish Enrichment Center. In between our Zoom classes, school projects, getting to know the space, and getting to know each other, we are playing indoors and outside. We are exploring Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish new year) through activities including a scavenger hunt, an obstacle course, hide and seek, and tashlich (check out this document for an explanation of tashlich or if you want to do this with your family).
Part of our daily routine is asking the children open-ended questions. Here are some questions and answers:
What are you looking forward to?
- Being with other kids.
- I get to finally see people for once.
- Making more desk forts.
- Doing whatever strange activities you have for us. You don’t have any normal activities.
By the end of the school year, I want to be able to:
- see my friends in person.
- coronavirus to be over.
- to be fluent in French.
- see my teacher in person.
Did you do, try, or have anything NEW this weekend?
- I had a new type of apple.
- I got a new bike, but it’s broken.
- I made an apple honey cake.
- Family friends for the first time at our new house.
Stay tuned for more!