The children of Nitzanim (“Buds” for 1st-2nd grades) want to interview you!
This winter, we are exploring the character of Eliyahu HaNavi – Elijah the Prophet. Eliyahu reminds us to work for a better world. As part of this exploration, we invited parents and guests in so we could ask them questions about what they see in the world:
- What could get better in the world?
- What is not fair in the world?
- What are some things we can do to make the world better?
- Why do you work to make the world better?
- What helps you stay motivated to continue to work to make the world better?
- What do you do when you feel overwhelmed by how much there is to do to make the world better?
- How do you keep going when you want to stop working to make the world better?
The children practiced first by interviewing each other. This includes introducing yourself, making eye contact, asking permission, and of course saying “thank you.”
Nitzanimers took turns asking questions and writing down the responses.
We compiled the answers into one document.
Through these interviews, children gain valuable experience. They hear what is important to the grown-ups around them, and they learn conversation skills. Nitzanimers will incorporate the answers into their final Eliyahu HaNavi projects. Stay tuned for details!