Fifth through seventh graders debated the importance of having a set time of year for giving and receiving forgiveness.
- “You should have a day where you can confess stuff without getting in trouble.”
- “Maybe it’s good to have a deadline.”
- “You don’t need to wait for the new year to say sorry, but you do need a chance to start over.”
- Forgiveness…to your body, to your mom.”
- “It’s important because you can rely on it. Let’s say I did something wrong and were a little scared about asking for forgiveness. This way, I have something to latch on to.