The Jewish Enrichment Center nurtures in Jewish children and families desire for Jewish knowledge, enthusiasm for exploration, confidence in expression of ideas, and joy in being Jewish. The Jewish Enrichment Center offers children a warm, Hebrew- and text-rich, child-centered environment that values the contributions of day school, congregational, and unaffiliated Jewish families alike. Children develop a strong foundation in Jewish literacy and grow in understanding of themselves as Jewish members of the human community.
- Long-term, project-based learning inspired by principles from the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education and project-based learning and guided by children’s interests and questions
- Inclusion of Hebrew language as a fundamental component of Jewish living and learning
- Children, parents, and educators as equal partners in the growth of children’s knowledge, Jewish identity, and engagement in community
- Respect for individuals and for varied approaches to Jewish living
- Collaboration with Hyde Park Jewish institutions